To rock up and down is efficient when putting babies to sleep. It solves sleep related problems such as colic, restless sleep and short sleep periods. In addition to this it is also beneficial to babies’ development.
Colic, restless sleep and short sleep periods
Movement is a key issue to babies with colic. To rock up and down is both calming and pain relieving for tiny cramping baby stomachs. Mawok’s vertical rocking also sooths restless babies with difficulties settling down. It furthermore helps extend babies’ sleep periods through its soft vertical rocking.
Rocking is beneficial to babies’ development
By rocking your baby you contribute to:
- Enhanced development of muscles through the pressure of the cloth against the baby’s body. At the same time the flexible cloth allows the baby great freedom of movement.
- Stimulated breathing through the rocking. This minimises the risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
- Faster development of sight and hearing as the baby receives more visual impressions than in a traditional bed.
- Increased rate of gaining weight.
- Stimulated development of the baby´s nervous system which makes the baby more alert.
- A natural position of the baby’s back in the soft hammock.
- Improved motor development as the baby naturally place its hands in front, allowing it to begin examining them early.
- Smooth transition from life inside the mother’s womb to life outside. Mawok emulates the womb as it offers warmth, closeness and movement. In addition, Mawok’s soft movement mimics the feeling of being carried close, which is particularly important to premature babies.
Do you want to know more about the science behind the positive effects of rocking? Read more.